4 x 4 Slider Pictures

Friday, November 8, 2013

I underestimated the 4x4 off road capabilities of our Subaru Forester

Life is short; enjoy the great outdoors



                             

My daughter led a project to buy a new car, Subaru Forester 5 years ago.  I was not very enthusiastic because I thought it is not strong enough or 4x4 capable as I wished it to be. I was used to the bullet proof, robust build of CJ, TLC or LRs.   She said she wanted this car for several reasons:  fuel economy, (10 km/liter) high ground clearance, it is an AWD and can be depended in times of flood,  high HP output (165 hp) and is comparable to our BMW 320i power output, and is an automatic.  It was competitively priced at P1.2  vs Pajeros and Patrol which were at P1.4 to P1.5 million at that time. The Motorimage dealership dealer had just made its debut in the PHL

It did not enter my mind as I have seen the latest video on its off road capability that it is an expert in 1. steep hill climb   2. river crossing 3.  snow   4. deep muds.   It seemed to me that its AWD asymetrical drive system and boxer engine are its sterling capability.

Its main use for me was for teaching chores in Laguna and Pampanga for a graduate school business driving at 140 kmh or more at night driving home

I now respect our Subaru Forester more.

What would have been a desireable purchase would be the PHP 2 million + WRX Impreza or STI.  But then the best AWD is Forester or the Outback.

                                     Now it looks even more beautiful than a Def 110




                         We removed the canvass top of the shade because of typhoon Yolanda landfall

                                  It looks macho mean offroad machine to me now;  not a ladies car


Motor Image showroom at EDSA near Greenhills , opp Camp Aguinaldo

No comments:

Post a Comment