4 x 4 Slider Pictures

Monday, November 4, 2013

One of the toughest 4x4 challenge was getting off the Roro in Mindoro during an Amihan

Angono, Rizal, PHL  |  November 4, 2013

                                             Fording the Sta Cruz River in Mindoro

One of the greatest challenges I met was getting off a Roro ( Montenegro vintage) at Abra de Ilog in Mindoro Occidental.  It was December  and Dickie Gonzales, who a had camel 109 invited us to his beach resort in Mamburao (besides Ed Espiritu's then COO of Metba).  The seas was rough and the elevation of the ramp vs the port kept changing.  If the boat rises and you get off, you jump off the boat and your vehicle bangs on the port;  if the boat is on the way down you hit the side of the port or you fall of the sea.  The boat was T boned to the port so if you gun off the motor and you fail to brake on time, you drive straight into the sea.  But he load master counted the waves and timed our getting off right.  We were able to get off.  Wow.  That was an experience.  Those who went were Dale, Dickie and myself.  I brought my wife and my children with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment